At Haytor View the Governors are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people, they expect all staff and people associated with the school to share this commitment. The Governors have a comprehensive range of safeguarding policies and expect them to be followed by all members of the school community.
We are committed to keeping children and young people safe by:
- providing a safe environment for children and young people to learn in education settings: and
- identifying children and young people who are suffering or likely to suffer significant harm, and taking appropriate action with the aim of making sure they are kept safe both at home and at the setting.
We have robust systems designed to:
- prevent unsuitable people working with children and young people;
- promote safe practice and challenge poor and unsafe practice;
- identify instances in which there are grounds for concern about a child’s welfare, and initiate/take appropriate action to keep them safe;
- Contribute to effective partnership working between all those involved with providing services for children and young people.
The setting is aware of the relevant agencies set up to support children and actively seeks information from support services acting on advice provided.
Haytor View responds to any concerns relating to children in a graduated way, records are kept relating to any concerns, appropriate action is taken in a timely manner and parents are engaged to considering the safeguarding needs of their children.
Further information can be viewed in our Child Protection Policy: