It is our school policy that all children wear school uniform when attending school, or when participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours.
Our policy on school uniform is based on the notion that school uniform:
- promotes a sense of pride in the school;
- engenders a sense of community and belonging towards the school;
- is practical and smart;
- identifies the children with the school;
- prevents children from coming to school in fashion clothes that could be distracting in class;
- makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance;
- is regarded as suitable wear for school and good value for money by most parents;
- is designed with health and safety in mind
We appreciate the support parents provide in ensuring that children are supported in school wearing uniform and being able to have the full ‘part of the Haytor View’ feeling that this brings. Should you have any concerns or difficulties in being able to provide your child with school uniform please let your child’s teacher, or any adult in school know as they will be able to assist. The school has second hand uniform available for parents, this is organised on a rail in the HUB. If you would like support in providing your child with an item of clothing please speak with your child’s teacher or a member of the admin team who will be happy to assist you. We do not charge for items of second hand clothing, we welcome a donation to be made to the school.