It is our school policy that all children wear school uniform when attending school, or when participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours.
Our policy on school uniform is based on the notion that school uniform:
- promotes a sense of pride in the school;
- engenders a sense of community and belonging towards the school;
- is practical and smart;
- identifies the children with the school;
- prevents children from coming to school in fashion clothes that could be distracting in class;
- makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance;
- is regarded as suitable wear for school and good value for money by most parents;
- is designed with health and safety in mind
We appreciate the support parents provide in ensuring that children are supported in school wearing uniform and being able to have the full ‘part of the Haytor View’ feeling that this brings. Should you have any concerns or difficulties in getting hold of uniform or black shoes please let your child’s teacher, or any adult in school know.